Re: Validating debian/upstream/metadata for debian-med projects

Hi Andrius,

Andrius Merkys, on 2021-02-12 18:27:52 +0200:
> On 2021-02-11 20:04, Étienne Mollier wrote:
> > Thanks from me as well!  I landed in the industrial world before
> > having a chance to start a PhD thesis; publication nomenclatures
> > are kind of foreign to me.  I really welcome automated tools to
> > point me to my mistakes in that matter.
>
> I am also working on bibtex-to-dep12 converter in the aforementioned
> project [1]. I hope that might be of any help. Many publishers provide
> BibTeX citations next to on-line publications, and Crossref has API to
> retrieve BibTeX by DOI. This kind of offsets the need to provide full
> bibliographic record in debian/upstream/metadata (just DOI is enough),
> however, by providing the full record in debian/upstream/metadata we
> save the users from the need to inform the Crossref (via HTTP request)
> in what they are interested :)
>
> [1] https://github.com/merkys/Debian-DEP12

BibTeX, I conceive; I used it once, to complement a rather large
document when I was student.  I looked up the test suite to see
the intent of the script, and I think it might be helpful, at
least to me; will try to recall about bibtex-to-dep12 when I'll
need it.

Thanks for this,  :)
--
Étienne Mollier <etienne.mollier@mailoo.org>
Fingerprint:  8f91 b227 c7d6 f2b1 948c  8236 793c f67e 8f0d 11da