Re: Mark q2-* regressions on armhf and i386

Hi Nilesh,

Nilesh Patra, on 2021-02-06 17:36:26 +0530:
> Looks like q2-feature-classifier, q2-quality-filter*, *q2-quality-control,
> q2-taxa haven't migrated to testing yet due to regressions on armhf and
> i386.
>
> This is so because they (transitively)depend on python3-skbio which does
> not support these arches.

That's right!

> I see that Etienne filed ROM --RM for two of these[1][2]
>
> But since we barely have any time(probably just a few hours) for FTP
> master's reaction on these bugs, do you think it might be sensible to
> upload with a "skip-not-installable" restriction?

I have been unaware of that flag[0], thank you for the pointer:

>> skip-not-installable
>>    This test might have test dependencies that can't be fulfilled on all
>>    architectures. Therefore, when apt-get installs the dependencies, it will
>>    fail. Don't treat this as a test failure, but instead treat it as if the
>>    test was skipped.
[0] https://salsa.debian.org/ci-team/autopkgtest/raw/master/doc/README.package-tests.rst

It looks to me it would be the appropriate approach in that
case.

> [1]: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=981400
> [2]: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=981216
>
> PS: Etienne, if you are reading this, you have upload rights for all four.

Thanks, will give a try to the autopkgtest skip-not-installable
flag on q2-feature-classifier and upload q2-* friends if it does
what I am understanding at the moment.

Kind Regards,
--
Étienne Mollier <etienne.mollier@mailoo.org>
Fingerprint:  8f91 b227 c7d6 f2b1 948c  8236 793c f67e 8f0d 11da