Re: [RFR] brian 2.4.2-4

Hi Nilesh, Hi Andreas,

Nilesh Patra, on 2021-02-04 18:55:48 +0530:
> But, shouldn't the changeling revision here[1] be -5~0exp0 for your next
> upload now to experimental?
>
> [1]:
> https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/brian/-/blob/debian/experimental/debian/changelog#L1

You're right, my next upload to experimental will be -5~0exp0.
It is just that I haven't started working on it yet, so it's the
faulty one you are seeing for the moment.

> On Thu, 4 Feb, 2021, 5:54 pm Étienne Mollier, <etienne.mollier@mailoo.org>
> wrote:
> > Notably a question I have, does the log information
> > of the missed experimental upload should be part of the
> > changelog?
>
> It is a matter of personal taste as Andreas said.
> I'd personally suggest having it in the master branch as well, since it
> makes changeling history more clear, when you upload next to unstable.

I'm okay with that approach; I merged the experimental branch
into the main one for consistency, and checked again the content
to bring back the patch in a safe condition.  Thanks debdiff for
highlighting the changes.

> > I'm sorry for my mess, especially given the reduced time frame
> > to get packages into Bullseye, and I must always be more careful
> > with regards to our procedures.
>
> Indeed. I pass in "-d experimental" and "-d unstable" with sbuild whenever
> do an upload. So it notified me that I didn't create any mess accidentally.

I am reviewing my workflow at the moment to avoid similar issue
in the future.

Thank you for your feedback,  :)
--
Étienne Mollier <etienne.mollier@mailoo.org>
Fingerprint:  8f91 b227 c7d6 f2b1 948c  8236 793c f67e 8f0d 11da