Re: [RFR] brian 2.4.2-4

Hi,

On Thu, 4 Feb, 2021, 5:54 pm Étienne Mollier, <etienne.mollier@mailoo.org> wrote:
Hi all,

yesterday I missed my upload to experimental and it blocked the
package brian in Sid.  I readied a 2.4.2-4 build to erase my
faulty build which ought to be uploaded to experimental.  Before
I go further, I would like to make sure I am not worsening the
situation, so am requesting a review of my changes available on
Salsa[1].

For unstable, it looks okay. It's basically the previous unstable upload itself, with adding yourself to uploaders. Should be okay.

But, shouldn't the changeling revision here[1] be -5~0exp0 for your next upload now to experimental?

[1]:
https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/brian/-/blob/debian/experimental/debian/changelog#L1

Notably a question I have, does the log information
of the missed experimental upload should be part of the
changelog?

It is a matter of personal taste as Andreas said.
I'd personally suggest having it in the master branch as well, since it makes changeling history more clear, when you upload next to unstable.

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/brian/

I'm sorry for my mess, especially given the reduced time frame
to get packages into Bullseye, and I must always be more careful
with regards to our procedures.

Indeed. I pass in "-d experimental" and "-d unstable" with sbuild whenever do an upload. So it notified me that I didn't create any mess accidentally.

Nilesh