[improvement] brian with multiarch support and performances

Hi Michael,

Étienne Mollier, on 2021-01-31 11:30:46 +0100:
> Michael Crusoe, on 2021-01-31 10:47:32 +0100:
> > Do you have time to do that; or do you want to do it together?
>
> I fully agree, although I have yet to clearly understand how to
> clean up patches before being truly suitable for upstream use.
> I'm busy AFK most of today but may have some time next Wednesday
> afternoon UTC.

Erm, looks like the afternoon went over board.  I just uploaded
a first iteration in experimental of a brian patch with attempt
at both multiarch support and performances.  IIUC, we will see
soon how things go around here[1].

[1] https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=brian&suite=experimental

The debian/experimental branch should be visible on Salsa, if
you want to have a peek; it's not the most beautiful Python code
I ever wrote, to be honest.  I tried to derive the combinations
of build options from your excerpts of GCC documentation.  I'm
not well aware of the uname machine name corresponding to each
Debian architecture; I hope I didn't go too far off.

[2] https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/brian/-/blob/debian/experimental/debian/patches/gsl-compiler-arg.patch

Cheers,  :)
--
Étienne Mollier <etienne.mollier@mailoo.org>
Fingerprint:  8f91 b227 c7d6 f2b1 948c  8236 793c f67e 8f0d 11da