Re: December 2020 bug squashing

Hi Thorsten,

On Sun, Nov 29, 2020 at 01:50:56PM +0100, Thorsten Alteholz wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> in order to carry on a tradition, I want to remind everybody of our combined
> efforts to take care of some poor souls.
>
> The days are closing in, the year is drawing to an end and we should think
> of all those, that are not around with their own kind. Again, during the
> last few months, lots of volunteers all around the world tracked down those
> poor souls and  put their cases in the database. We should take care of
> those needy. This year, there are about 213 cases which are relevant to
> Debian Med[1] (this time 39 are serious or grave[2]). So please feel pity
> for them and allow the transition of as many as possible poor souls to their
> final destination, the retirement community in the Archive.
> Maybe some of the "won't fix" can be resolved as well.
>
> Furthermore I would like to mention another page[3] with lots of information
> about Debian Med packages. Besides the list of RC bugs you can also see
> packages that can not be built on a Debian architecture, packages that are
> not allowed to migrate from unstable to testing (and thus won't be included
> in the next release) and packages with a new upstream version. I think those
> packages need some care as well.
>
> As soon as I get the notice of a closed case I will record that in our
> Advent calendar[4].

Thanks a lot for your Advent calendar effort.  Everybody out there who
is not familiar with the Christian tradition of an Advent calendar is
perfectly welcome to fix as many issues as possible in the days from 1.
to 24. December.  I'd like to add / announce another new link that is
part of the Blends effort: The QA page[5] (I assume the Blends bug
pages[6] are known here since some time).

> In contrast to normal calendars, let us fill this special one with lots of
> good deeds. Maybe we can hide at least one number of a closed case behind
> every door.

I have the totally unwanted honor to be the one who closed the most bugs
in all previous years in the Advent calendar.  I'd love to admit that
I'd be really happy if some people would beat me in this.  The honor
could be easily visible in our team statistics - for only three bugs per
day you could nearly make it into the stats[7]. ;-)

I hereby offer some $DRINK for everybody who will beat me in the number
of bugs closed in those 24 days.  Chances are good that this will happen
since our team has grown in this very unusual year.  I hope to meet
those bug fighters once real time meeting are possible again and that I
will be able to invite to this $DRINK soon.

> Have fun,
> Thorsten

Yes, lets start the fun to squash our bugs

      Andreas.

[5] https://blends.debian.org/med/qa/
[6] https://blends.debian.org/med/bugs/
[7] http://blends.debian.net/liststats/bugs_debian-med.png