Re: [RFS] quorum 1.1.1-4

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Tille, on 2020-11-28 23:14:16 +0100:
> On Sat, Nov 28, 2020 at 10:43:59PM +0100, Étienne Mollier wrote:
> > Changes are available on Salsa for review:
> >
> > 	https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/quorum
> >
> > CI fails to build on i386, but that is merely due to missing
> > build dependency.
>
> I don't see and debian/tests dir.  Are you sure you pushed?

For the sake of clarity, I was mentionning Salsa CI, more
specifically, the step consisting in /building/ quorum for i386
architecture, not the /autopkgtest/ run on i386, which is not
done using Salsa CI's default pipeline.  I don't believe there
is any autopkgtest for quorum yet, that might be worth a
wishlist item.

> In cases where dependencies are missing I added something like
>
>    Architecture: amd64 arm64 mips64el ppc64el riscv64 sh4
>
> or something like this to debian/tests/control (this is from
> srst2).

I did apply similar limitations to mapsembler2 (both in
d/control and d/t/control), but that was because the package is
unmaintained upstream, and I had to ask FTP Master to remove the
package from a selection of architectures a month or two ago.  I
did not want to risk bringing these packages back by incident,
as it occurred once to me already.

I think in this case it may better to just keep the package
quorum "Architecture: any", in case the dependency ends up being
available for i386.  The missing build on i386 shouldn't be
blocking quorum's transition; I believe there's no regression
here.

> > Please consider upload or granting upload
> > permissions.
>
> Granted.  Feel free to upload since I think I somehow
> misunderstood your statement.

Thanks for your thoughts and for the permission, the package is
uploaded.

Have a nice Sunday,  :)
--
Étienne Mollier <etienne.mollier@mailoo.org>
Fingerprint:  8f91 b227 c7d6 f2b1 948c  8236 793c f67e 8f0d 11da