Re: New package - orthanc-gdcm

Hi Sébastien,

On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 04:36:13PM +0200, Sébastien Jodogne wrote:
> > prevented me from uploading is debian/ThirdPartyDownloads.  Do you
> > really need to provide an orthanc code archive here?  Wouldn't it be
> > more straightforward to create a library from orthanc and link against
> > this?  I bet ftpmaster would stumble upon this.
>
> This "debian/ThirdPartyDownloads" stuff is for sharing code between the
> official Orthanc plugins. Indeed, creating a separate library would be
> ideal, but this would require a huge amount of upstream work (which I
> can't afford as I must develop new features), and the resulting library
> wouldn't be useful out of the official Orthanc plugins.

I just nee to trust you here.

> If this helps, I could consider decompressing the archive and keeping
> only the required source files. Do you think this possible solution
> could mitigate the issue?

Hmmm, I once had the idea that some "Build-Depends: source-package"
would be somehow handy - but this does not exist unfortunately.  For my
gut feeling if you can cope with only a few source packages this could
be possibly more acceptable for ftpmaster.  However, I hope you might
be able to follow the library idea in the (far) future.