Re: prinseq(-lite), a dependency of virus seeker

Andrius Merkys, on 2020-04-09 16:59:28 +0300:
> Hi Étienne,

Hi Andrius,

Thank you for your advices!

> On Thu, 9 Apr 2020, 15:59 Étienne Mollier, <etienne.mollier@mailoo.org>
> wrote:
>
> > The two prinseq packages are provided into two different and
> > independent tarballs, so that might be two different source
> > packages perhaps.  I don't know if the web version would be
> > interesting as well, but I thought it would be interesting to
> > mention it exists.
> >

> Correct, one tarball per source package. I would suggest starting with the
> lite version and keeping the web version for laters, as it might be more
> difficult to package.

Sounds good to me; even without the web flavor, I have a bit of
work ahead.  :)

I was trying prinseq-lite with the example files they provided,
and while prinseq-lite.pl seemed to do its job, there is a side
script prinseq-graph.pl which calls Statistics::PCA[1], except
it does not seem to be part of Debian either.  I continue to
pull that thread to see what comes next...

[1] https://metacpan.org/release/Statistics-PCA

> Also, a small technico-legal question, I see occurrences of the
> > following message:
> > > If you use PRINSEQ, please cite:
> > > Schmieder R and Edwards R: Quality control and preprocessing
> > > of metagenomic datasets. Bioinformatics 2011, 27:863-864.
> > > [PMID: 21278185]
> > Has it any form of legal enforcement that could possibly impede
> > integration to Debian ?  (I'd rather ask before going a bit too
> > far further...)
> >

> Such request to cite is not legally binding. Although it's nice to put the
> citation in debian/upstream/metadata :)

Thanks, I left a note to put the message there in my drafts.
That will be kind of us to forward the word I suppose.  :)

> Hope this helps,

Definitely!  Thank you!
Kind Regards,
--
Étienne Mollier <etienne.mollier@mailoo.org>
Fingerprint:  5ab1 4edf 63bb ccff 8b54  2fa9 59da 56fe fff3 882d