Re: Migration to testing of optimir is blocked - why?

Just mentioning: arch:all needs to be installable on amd64 and i386, the other archs are there only for reference.  If that isn't possible you can contact the release team to ask for a "force"-hint and make that migrate nonetheless (future migrations will happen without hinting)

On Wed, 17 Jul 2019, 6:00 pm Dylan Aïssi, <daissi@debian.org> wrote:
Hi Andreas,

Le mer. 17 juil. 2019 à 16:49, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> a écrit :

> The Excuses link[2] is your friend.  The Architecture all package
> expects to be able to run on *all* architectures but it can't since some
> Depends are only available on amd64 this is a problem.  I try to
> remember what the solution was.  I think in some cases we used the ugly
> hack to make the package Architecture: any and
>   Build-Depends: bowtie2, python3-pysam
> which provides the package only where those dependencies exist.  But
> that's not a nice solution.  I think we did not do this trick for
> metaphlan2 but if I remember correctly that needed a manual hint from
> release team to propagate.  Sorry, I simply forgot - may be you check
> the list archive for a proper solution?

Thanks for your explanation. My friend in [2] was not very clear to me
:-), maybe because I wrongly thought only amd64 will be considered. I
will check the list archive to find a proper solution otherwise I will
use the ugly hack. Thanks again.

Best,
Dylan