Enhancing websearching for tasks pages (Was: Fixed all upstream metadata in Debian Med (Was: RRID update on salsa on packages starting with A+B)

On Fri, Apr 13, 2018 at 03:50:09PM +0200, Steffen Möller wrote:
> > > Instead of <a href="identifier.org/..RRID:SCR_...">SciCrunch</a> it
> > > could be <a href="the same">RRID:SCR_..</a>.
> > >
> > may be interesting to set:

> > cite is a metadata HTML standard that may be supported/analysed by
> > google and co (https://developer.mozilla.org/fr/docs/Web/HTML/Element/cite)
>
> This is a neat idea, indeed. I am tempted to also add a "<q>" block to
> reference where the package description is coming from. I propose this to be
> the tracker's package representation.

I'm again not sure that I understand that hint.  Where would you add that
block and exactly (please provide an example).

While I can do this easily on the tasks pages I'm not very optimistic that
this wil have any influence on Google ranking.  Google seems to have stopped
proper indexing on debian.org.  Just a random test.  I had a random mail[1]
in our list archive open and tried to search it by selecting a random string:

     site:lists.debian.org/debian-med "The thing is that the maintainers of the"

There where times when this kind of searches were successful but this is
not the case any more.  I've noted this since about one year that I can
not find any specific mailing list pages with this method any more.  If
I test some sequence of our tasks page like

     site:blends.debian.org/med  "Bioconductor package for the analysis of gene expression"

this search is at least successful.  So the tasks pages should be indexed
not sure about the ranking.  Strangely enough if I leave out the site:
option it only finds

     https://blends.debian.org/med/tasks/statistics.sk.html

So there does not seem to be much effort from Google to do things properly.

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-med/2018/04/msg00008.html