Re: RRID update on salsa on packages starting with A+B

On Tue, Apr 03, 2018 at 12:14:57AM +0200, Steffen Möller wrote:

> > Registry:
> >   - Name: OMICtools
> >     Entry: NA
> >   - Name: RRID
> >     Entry: NA
> >   - Name: bio.tools
> >     Entry: NA
>
> That is an interesting one. Please kindly check
>
> https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/autodocksuite/blob/master/debian/upstream/metadata
>
> which on my side shows
>
> Registry:
>  - Name: OMICtools
>    Entry: OMICS_19997
>  - Name: SciCrunch
>    Entry: SCR_012746
>  - Name: bio.tools
>    Entry: AutoDock

May be you forgot to push.  I now received

commit e5292af2136df30df8ea2a0da0dbeba6b82b027b (HEAD -> master, origin/master)
Author: Steffen Möller <moeller@debian.org>
Date:   Mon Mar 26 16:05:33 2018 +0000

    Added RRID to metadata

which has the values you are mentioning.  This was not available in the public
repository (at least until 1st of April).

> > I remember it was not your prefered solution but for the moment 'NA'
> > values are not stored. [...]
> How would you like <strike>Name</strike> and no fancy colouring?
>
> The idea was to inform the world (and ourselves) that we have checked.

I admit I do not like this.  The thing is that the maintainers of the
repository could have updated their data.  Recent development shows that
this is a very probable action these days.  I do not think that the fact
that we have checked is no information which is valuable for a random
visitor of the tasks page and it might be simply wrong since the data
were updated.  So I keep on thinking that 'NA' is not anything
interesting for the page.  For us as developers we can easily do

    grep -w 'NA' */debian/upstream/metadata

if we want to find the information.

> The
> problem is that we are unlikely to be informed about an entry being added to
> the registry, so we would look bad. But since the advent of salsa.d.o I am
> tempted to risk that.

Sorry, I do not understand this.

> > > bio-express (https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/express)
> > It is rather berkeley-express.  This works now[1].  The reason for the
> > problem was that the repository name is different from the source
> > package name.  The importer was simply wrong for these cases.  This is
> > fixed now (hopefully!) but we should definitely avoid this kind of
> > divergence and I'm tempted to adapt the repository name to the source
> > package name once we migrate anonscm.d.o to salsa.d.o (I've lost hope
> > for some sensible solution to keep anonscm working :-((().
> Aaah. Yes. This sounds like a reasonable addition to the Debian Med policy.

We are intuitively doing it in close to all of our packages but
specifying it explicitly in policy makes sense, definitely.

> > > gromacs
> > No Registry entries in d/upstream/metadata - so nothing to display here.
> :o/ Because that is debichem and looked at my not-yet-merged own branch.

Why not asking for membership in Debichem and commit directly?

> > > This document is prepared every 24 hours for Debian packages selected in the
> > > Bio Task Description</a> withinformation in the Ultimate Debian Database (<a
> > > href="https://udd.debian.org";>UDD</a>).
> > The bottom line has a creation date of the web page.  Currently it says:
> >
> >      Last update: Mon, 02 Apr 2018 19:21:37 -0000
> Excellent. I have missed that one.

> > > It was last updated at [Date+Time].
> > This information is not available, sorry.
>
> I am uncertain about what "this" refers to, but maybe you have some idea
> about who the page can explain itself to the ones who want to contribute
> code or content.

There is a daily cron job parsing Salsa directories.  I do not keep
track on the information when this job is finished.  The UDD importer is
reading the result of this job later and I also do not keep track when
this job ends.  So we have two uncertain times - the only time that can
be safely displayed is when the web pages are displayed which is done on
the bottom line.  I admit that I'm not very motivated to make some
effort to keep track of the other times compared to other tasks on my
desk.

> > There is no difference between pushing from remote repository and a web
> > interface edit.
>
> Good.
>
> Curious about this autodock/autodocksuite thingy and maybe there is some
> chance to have this self-explaining bit at the end.

I have no idea how this can happen.  I do not use the web interface for
editing package data.

> I have added registry links to about all green entries in bio now. Let us
> review those over the next weeks a bit and then think about an announcing it
> with the Debian News or whatever the list finds appropriate.

I'd love if we could find some default channel for Debian Med news (and
a person who feels dedicated to feed this channel regularly).