Re: Preventing disease ebola virus.

Hello everyone,

I finally found the Ushahidi application (http://www.ushahidi.com/). It suits what I was looking for. My problem now is still the card, one available on OSM and googlemap is very basic.

Thank you all for your advice, which allowed me to go to this level.

Best regrads,
Aboubacar Fode

On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 12:50:54PM +0400, camara wrote:

> The temperature will be collected in the field (villages) usually without
> Internet and electricity. This is the reason for the choice of lightweight
> terminals (eg tablet) and sends information via SMS to the server. The
> application on the shelf is not available.
>
> I am creating a project to develop this application. I invite everyone for
> the contribution and success of this project.

Get in touch with the OSM people who did the Haiti / Japan
radiation / ... map layers. They will be able to map the data
really fast (assuming there's map coverage for West Africa).
At the very least they've got expertise.

Get in touch with Garmin and similar companies and ask them
to contribute a bunch of GPS devices to help map transport
infrastructure.

Get in touch with a few satellite image providers and ask
them to contribute a few West Africa digital images for map
enhancement. There's good track record for some of them doing
so. I remember a crowdsourced High Seas Search&Rescue for a
Linux developeress where some company provided recent digital
imagery.

Get in touch with OpenMRS / GNUHealth. I think they've got
experience with mobile / SMS-based health care in Africa.

Get in touch with Asterisk as the will have experience with
setting up software based phone systems for stable reception
of mass-SMS.

Get in touch with goTenna for enhancing phone coverage.

Get in touch with BRCK for stabilizing access to the network.

Maybe Google is interested in sending a hiking google cam /
google cam jeep equipped with an infrared camera ?

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346