Re: nut-nutrition new upstream (20.1)

Hi Iain,

On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 09:56:30PM +0100, Iain R. Learmonth wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> piuparts threw up an error with the split out to a new package for the data
> due to a file being still owned by the old package while the new package was
> trying to overwrite it.
>
>   https://piuparts.debian.org/testing2sid/fail/nut-nutrition_20.1-1.log
>
> I asked in #debian-devel and got pointed at Breaks: and Replaces: and I
> think I've got it, but would appreciate it if you could take a look at the
> d/control file as I've not used those fields before.

The Breaks is required for sure (and I hope I would have spotted this in
advance if I would have noticed the package split ... which again proves
how important a proper changelog is - but I guess you got this ;-)).  I
think the Replaces is not correct since the data package does not really
replace the main package which exists in parallel.  Thus I removed the
Replaces (which usually is a quite common combination on package
renamings also with an additional Provides).

BTW, forgetting Breaks/Replaces/Provides in cases like this is a
"typical" mistake which is also observed from long standing package
maintainers (also me). :-)  It could be avoided if you setup your own
piuparts but I admit that I never did it myself (shame on me).

> A new revision has been entered in the changelog and this, assuming I've got
> the Breaks: and Replaces: correct, is ready for upload.

I also closed the according bug in the changelog and uploaded the package.

Thanks for your work on this