Re: [MoM] Packaging Camp for Debian

Hi Corentin,

On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 12:06:56PM +0200, Corentin Desfarges wrote:
> I pushed my changes for Camp this morning.

I did noticed the changes and just responded in my other mail.

> >I'd recommend to work with a local build
>
> I don't understand. Wasn't it what I did for Camp ?

Well, it is advised to build a package at least once in a chrooted
environment (pbuilder, cowbuilder - I hope I mentioned this before).  To
create the environment you need to be able to fetch all
Build-Dependencies from a mirror.  Since camp will need some time to be
available from Debian mirrors (see Karsten's mail) you would either need
to setup a local mirror where your chrooted environment could fetch the
package or otherwise you simply need to build on your local machine
where all packages can be installed manually.  This is what I meant by
"local build".

> > since currently the new processing
>
> What do you mean by "new processing" ? The packaging of fw4spl, or the steps that I followed to package Camp ?

Each package needs to pass the new queue (see Karsten's mail).

> >is not as fast as we all would like to see it.  You need to
> >expect about two monthes (unfortunately).
>
> Thank for your very helpful advices.

You are welcome