Re: Re: [MoM] Packaging Camp for Debian

Hi Andreas!

$ lintian -i -I *.changes
warning: the authors of lintian do not recommend running it with root privileges!

I'd agree with lintian that you should not run this as root.  Your
prompt does not give any hint that you are root, however.

I'm using the root account, but the problem didn't come from there. I fixed the issue :

W: libcamp0.7-dev: empty-binary-package

In d/rules, I used destdir, but it didn't work because I create two packages (libcamp
and libcamp-dev). I fixed it using libcamp.install and libcamp-dev.install to put the files
at the right place.

So you do not understand why lintian informs you about the fact that the
packages are empty (which they are actually) or why the packages remain
empty?  I intend to recommend the usage of d-shlibs but my web search
failed and so I probably only wanted to write about this - sorry for
actually forgetting to do so.

My problem being solved, I think that for now, I wont use d-shlibs. But I'll have a look
on it for the future.

Hope this helps and feel free to ping me earlier in case I might leave
some question unanswered

No problem!

I've just pushed some changes, and according lintian, the packages seem good...
But the names of the .deb resulting files have a strange format :
 libcamp0.7-dev_0.7.1.1-1_amd64.deb
 libcamp0.7_0.7.1.1-1_amd64.deb

What do you think about it ?

Bests,