If you want to get a package into Jessie that is not yet in testing

Hi folks,

you hopefully remember that the freeze was announced for 2014-11-05.
This means the progression of packages from unstable to testing is
stopped at this point in time.  In other words you need to have a RC bug
free candidate of the package in question in unstable before 2014-11-01.

Considering that new queue processing currently seems to take two
monthes chances are quite low that any new package will make it into
Jessie any more.  Perhaps some bribing of ftpmaster will help if you
upload right now.  So if you want to have a slight chance for any new
package start right now.

Moreover we should start an effort to make sure that non of our packages
are RC buggy or left out of testing for other reasons.  So I strongly
recommend to anybody to check whether some bugs listed at our todo list
on the Debian Maintainers Dashboard

  https://udd.debian.org/dmd/?email1=debian-med-packaging%40lists.alioth.debian.org&format=html#todo

whether you can fix anything or want to do some package upgrades.  I'd
like to stress strongly that everybody is welcome to provide patches
for anything and there is no point in considering any of our package
as SEP[1].  Lets together make sure Debian Jessie will get the best
support for medicine and live sciences.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somebody_Else%27s_Problem