Re: For those who would like to debug some old C++ code over the weekend

On 02/14/2014 03:53 PM, Olivier Sallou wrote:
> On 02/14/2014 02:51 PM, Andreas Tille wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm currently working on preconditions for ngopt[1] which is used in our
>> institute.  It includes some third party pieces of code and one of this
>> is FISH[2].  I have created some packaging for this at
>>
>>   svn://anonscm.debian.org/debian-med/trunk/packages/unc-fish/trunk/
>>
>> but when I try to process the provided test data it segfaults:
>>
>> $ /usr/lib/unc-fish/fish -b blocks.txt -B simpleblocks.txt -g grids.txt -C contigs.txt
>>      Segmentation fault
> It fails at:
> #0  0xf74fcad6 in vfprintf () from /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libc.so.6
> (gdb) where
> #0  0xf74fcad6 in vfprintf () from /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libc.so.6
> #1  0xf7506ebf in fprintf () from /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libc.so.6
> #2  0x0805166d in grids () at grids.h:278
> #3  0x080540aa in main (argc=11, argv=0xffbd9654) at fish.cpp:341
>
> on fprintf(print_grid, "%s",get_time_stamp());
>
> maybe an issue because get_time_stamp returns a char* or in time-stamp
> settings.
If we comment the fprintf (it is only print issue after all), other
errors are raised on stl_maps in readfile.h ligne 438:
INV_GENE=GENE;

so it seems there are issues with this code.....

Olivier

--
Olivier Sallou
IRISA / University of Rennes 1

gpg key id: 4096R/326D8438  (keyring.debian.org)
Key fingerprint = 5FB4 6F83 D3B9 5204 6335  D26D 78DC 68DB 326D 8438