Re: [MoM] Packaging fis-get

On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 04:47:28PM -0500, Bhaskar, K.S wrote:

> >What happens / does GT.M do when the very same single user
> >wants to run two instances of a frontend (client) from
> >within on, say, X session - or from two different login
> >sessions on the same machine - against that
> >simple/single-user data base ?  Or a third (terminal client)
> >one from an ssh session initiated from elsewhere ?
>
> [KSB] As I said in another post, operation is controlled by
> environment variables.

Ah, no, that only answers how two GT.M instances *find* the
same database. That's trivial and standard practice. What I
was asking for is how concurrency is managed. Which is what
you thankfully explained further below: first process sets
up sharing infrastructure, last process tears down said
infrastructure.

> I have created a GT.M Acculturation Workshop that consists of a set
> of instructions (a web page in a zip file) that tries to explain this
> in more detail with a set of hands-on exercises for anyone
> interested.  It is in the Acculturation Workshop folder at
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/fis-gtm/files

That looks like required reading for anyone setting up VistA
environments. For complex packages it seems useful to have
an understanding of the application one is packaging.

Thanks for explaining, Bhaskar !

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346