Re: [MoM] Packaging fis-get

On 01/29/2012 10:01 AM, Luis Ibanez wrote:
Hi Andreas,

On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 6:12 AM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 10:35:26AM +0100, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> When the postinst ran it asked whether to use a local copy
> of ICU or the systemwide one.
>
> It failed to find the systemwide one and opted not to
> install unicode support (which no Debian package in 2012
> should do unless the software it installs does not support
> unicode which gtm does, however).

Ahh, thanks for reading the log more toroughly than me.

Luis, do you got the hint and know what to do?  If not feel free to ask
for further advise.

Not quite sure...

What I'm gathering is that I should:

1)  purge libicu48
2)  attempt to install fis-gtm-initial
3)  see if it fails
4)  if it does, I must add a dependency
     in fis-gtm-initial on  libicu48.

[KSB]  ICU is one of only several packages that GT.M depends on.  libicu is however the only one where the GT.M binary package uses something in the -dev package.

Others that I can think of are ncurses, zlib1g, gnupg, libgpgme, libgpg-error, libgcrypt and of course libc6.

Regards
-- Bhaskar

If that is correct,
I may need guidance  on how to do (4).

The relevant section of the policy document
seems to be:
http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-relationships.html

So, I will give it a shot, following those instructions.

However,
first, I would like to go back and attempt to replicate the
directory permission issue that you pointed out yesterday
when doing:

                          wajig install *.deb

I'll follow up on that thread in your previous email.

     Luis

--
GT.M - Rock solid. Lightning fast. Secure. No compromises.