Re: Plans for ITK version 4

On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 03:11:18PM +0100, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:

> > Since it's released, I was planning to upload straight to 'unstable'.
> > Do you think there's a need to stage in 'experimental' first?
>
> ITK will be build against gdcm. I would prefer to see gdcm transition
> (#657288) to have ended (ie. gdcm 2.2.x into unstable) first.

I'm not sure what your concern is; can you elaborate?

ITK 4 builds with the gdcm in unstable so if it builds OK with the new
gdcm, I don't see it will hinder the latter's transition.

Moreover, I expect ITK 4 to be undergoing repeated source uploads to
get it building everywhere (3.20.0 got up to rev -17) so it's likely
that gdcm 2.2 gets into 'testing' before ITK 4 does for this reason
alone.

Regards,
-Steve