Re: How Debian Packaging practices could apply to VistA maintenance and distribution

On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 08:10:13AM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:

> > [KSB] Are there packages that are (for example) pure shell scripts
> > so that there is no difference between a source package and a binary
> > package?  A VistA Debian package would be like that.
>
> There are packages containing pure HTML pages (some doc packages) and
> some packages might contain only some shell script (I do not know
> examples but nothing in policy does forbid this.)

Not to forget applications written in scripting languages.
GNUmed packages do not contain any compiled code either
(which, however, got nothing to do with whether you are
looking at the source or the binary package).

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346