Re: How Debian Packaging practices could apply to VistA maintenance and distribution

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 09:57:06PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:

> > Just to clarify, here we are not talking about creating a Debian
> > package for VistA.  Although that is certainly something we
> > want to do, and that it seems that it will be the next best target
> > once we have a Debian package for  fis-gtm.   (we probably
> > should follow up on this in a separate thread).  Instead, of a
> > VistA Debian package, the conversation here is about:
> >
> >      Could VistA build an open source community
> >      after the model of Debian packaging community ?

I pretty sure that once Debian and VistA are joined together by

	apt-get install VistA-server
	apt-get isntall VistA-client

there's no holding back and the OSS community around VistA
(I do know that VistA already *has* a vibrant community)
will start taking of like nothing else.

If you then package dcm4chee then Debian+VistA+DICOM will
fly to domination ;-)

(Let me assure you that I am usually pessimistic...)

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346