Re: Plans for ITK version 4

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 09:53:16PM -0600, Steve M. Robbins wrote:
> As such, I think it would be a disservice to our users to force an
> abrupt transition by uploading ITK 4 and removing ITK 3.  Instead, I
> propose to keep ITK 3.20.1 in Debian and upload a new source package,
> insighttoolkit4 (or maybe itk4?).

If this is a question to the readers of the list:  I'm in favour of the
shorter name (itk4).  Whenever I have read about this library in most
cases it was referenced as itk only.

> I am in the process of getting a clean build of ITK 4 locally.  I
> think I should succeed this week, so I'd appreciate feedback on the
> plan before I upload this weekend.

As far as I understood GinkgoCADx works better with ITK4 and this would
hopefully solve #648167 where we do not hava any clue about.