Re: [MoM] Packaging fis-get

On 01/22/2012 04:06 PM, Andreas Tille wrote:
Hi Bhaskar,

On Sun, Jan 22, 2012 at 12:14:52PM -0500, Bhaskar, K.S wrote:
[KSB] We will work with Luis to make changes in the upstream
packaging.
The first thing which I would really love to see if the gtm
tarballs would install into one single directory named

     gtm-<version>

or something like this.
[KSB2] Since there are likely to be multiple changes to make a GT.M Debian package, and since the GT.M distribution tarballs (source and binary) are produced by extensive automation, instead of making changes piecemeal, Luis and I have agreed that he will use the existing tarballs, and keep a a list of the changes he needs to make. I will then verify the changes and work with the actual developers to change our scripting.

[KSB] I too am grateful to Luis, and I think GT.M was stalled
because of its complexity.  MoM certainly would have helped me and
I'm glad it's helping Luis.  Thanks, Andreas.
Sometimes it needs some time until the right ideas come up.  BTW, there
is no reason for you not to try the same approach as Luis and at least
come to a point where you can build and test the packages.
[KSB] As discussed above, I will follow (a safe distance!) behind Luis! It is better that way, since (a) will be able to validate his work, and (b) I am not as technical as he is (in other words, I have more talent for shooting myself in the foot!).

Regards
-- Bhaskar

GT.M - Rock solid. Lightning fast. Secure. No compromises.