Re: Please help with fixing a bug on kfreebsd [Was: Processed: unarchiving 648705]

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 06:43:58PM +0100, Alexander Reichle-Schmehl wrote:
> Well, actually it is:
> 1) Looking up a server name
> 2) ssh to that box
> 3) chroot like the welcome message told you

So far it's easy - done this in the past.

> 4) check build depends
>
> And maybe:

Considering several Build-Depends of this package s/And maybe/Most
probably/.

> 5) Ask for missing build depends
> 6) Wait

I decided to start with 6) right now.

> > and the further investigation another piece of work if not familiar with
> > QT build issues on kfreebsd..
>
> I'm not a BSD porter myself, but fixed a couple of FTBFS bugs on it.  I
> also was also able to fix a FTBFS on Sparc, Mipsel and other arches
> using porter machines.  I found that you often just need some basic Unix
> understanding to actually fix such a bugs.

Yes, I agree.  The cruxial point was point 5 in your list.  It might be
that this has enhanced now but as I said I decided to solve other
problems first.  Why not enabling others having the experience to have
fixed a bug on freebsd?  The package is team maintained.