Re: Cufflinks and locfit's problems

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the update.  Thanks for letting us know, and thanks for working to include Cufflinks with Debian!

Who did you try to contact?  LOCFIT (I believe) had two authors - Catherine Loader and Jiayang Sun.  It also comes in two flavors  - a standalone C package, and an R package.  The C one may no longer even be maintained, and I had to heavily modify it to get it to work with our package.

Unfortunately it's very hard to replace - there simply aren't that many lightweight nonlinear regression libraries out there that will do the kind of fitting that we need here. I can fix the hardening issues, and I'm happy to track down the authors of LOCFIT and see if I can get more information on the licensing status of LOCFIT.

Thanks again,

Cole