Re: Package available (was Re: Micro Manager)

Hi Steffen,

(I should apologise for everyone for my late replies to this
thread - I've only recently had time to make substantive
progress on this.)

Steffen Möller <steffen_moeller@gmx.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On 11/03/2011 09:06 PM, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
>> Hi Mark,
>>
>> On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 5:14 PM, Mark Longair
>> <mark-debianlists@longair.net> wrote:
>> [...]
>>
>>> Unfortunately, I believe that my current approach to creating
>>> the Fiji Debian packages is the wrong one, and it might be worth
>>> taking a paragraph or two to explain why.
> [complicated bits skipped]
>
> My first reflex was to invite you to our Sprint in Southport next January
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMed/Meeting/Southport2012
> which alone for its FPGA introduction you may like.

That's very kind - unfortunately, I'm afraid I don't think I can
get back to the UK for that weekend.

> I was very happy about your proposal to start a rearrangement of
> Fiji that is DFSG compliant. In parallel to that, I would like to discuss
> the possibility to upload more or less what you have with the non-free
> section of Debian. For the end user this may be easier since they won't
> be suprised of any feature gap. And for the developers it may be
> easier, too, since the DFSGisation can be performed incrementally.
[..]

I'm happy to do that.  Could you possibly remind me what this
would involve, or point me to some documentation for the
process?  I have an account on alioth (mhl20-guest) from when we
discussed this possibility before.

regards,
mark