Re: Communication channels: Please raise your opinion

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 10:43:35AM +0200, Olivier Sallou wrote:

> I will try to join, but not sure (I am on holiday and need to take care of children...)

Well, taking care for children should have precedence in any case.  So,
just lets lurk on #debian-med next Monday and see whether we can do
something which makes sense.  Then we might be able to decide, whether
this is fruitful or not.

> > I would really love it if somebody would do this. I'd volunteer to
> > write 2-3 chapters of a book - but I'm not totally convinced that this
> > would sell that much to get more than one sprint done.
>
> Writing a book is nice, but takes a lot of time... and what would be the kind of content?
> DebianMed is a mix a Debian (I mean here pure linux stuff) and bioinformatics/medical tools. Tools themselves cover a wide range of usage (from practitionner to bioinformatics in labs)....

I agree that the field we are covering technically inside Debian Med is
to wide to make *one* interesting book.  I'm also afraid that it is not
worth spending the lot of time for a potentially small group of readers.
But as I said: If somebody wants to try I would help.