Re: duplicate-changelog-files

On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 05:40:20PM +0200, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> lintian /home/mathieu/debian/debian-med/trunk/packages/dcmtk/build-area/dcmtk_3.6.0-8_amd64.changes
> W: dcmtk: duplicate-changelog-files usr/share/doc/dcmtk/CHANGES.360.gz
> usr/share/doc/dcmtk/changelog.gz

I can confirm that lintian is correct here.

> I have not changed the debian/rules file so I do not understand how
> this duplicates file gets in the way ?

If debian/rules was not changed it might be an effect of

$ man dh_installchangelogs
 An upstream changelog file may be specified as an option. If none is specified, it
 looks for files with names that seem likely to be changelogs.  (In compatibility
 level 7 and above.)

and thus a change of the compatibility level which might cause some
different behaviour.  I did not checked this thesis so far but I suspect
the debian/rules file *should* be changed to something way more simple.
Even if not switched to short dh notation I do not see any need for the
build-arch/build-indep split here.  I somehow guess that switching to a
dh debian/rules file might be a means to magically let this issue
vanish.

Hope this rather vague hint might be helpful (no time for more detailed
investigation)