Re: BLAST+ speed & build issues

Olivier Sallou <olivier.sallou@irisa.fr> writes:

> I will try to have a look to patch this in the package. However I will
> go on vacation end of this week. So it will not be done before some time...

No problem, the current packaging ignores test suite errors.

> I am not really fond of providing 2 packages (one dynamic/ one static).

Me neither; I just have opinions regarding how best to do so if necessary.

Meanwhile, it's occurred to me that it may be possible to keep both startup
time and package size down by arranging to produce a single consolidated
executable along the lines of busybox; I've asked my usual contact on the
BLAST team whether he has any concerns about such an approach.

http://www.mit.edu/~amu/ | http://stuff.mit.edu/cgi/finger/?amu@monk.mit.edu