Re: Just to say hello

Hi Andreas,

On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 19:25, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
> Hope the BOF @ Debconf was inspiring ... and nice to have you met at
> DebConf. :-)

The BOF was very inspiring, I only didn't like so much java... It was
nice talking to you too. :)

>> I'm already involved in Debian. I have one package and I'm active on
>> Debian Women list. Also, I've done some translation to Serbian of D-I.
>> I like Debian Med idea and I would like to help. If you have some work
>> for me, I'm ready. Unfortunately, I'm not a programmer, at least not
>> yet.
>
> We are maintaining (more or less - I guess it needs a major update) a
> TODO list where you can pick tasks which might fit your skills /
> interest:
>
>   http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMedTodo

I'll check it out and see what I can do to help. I'm preparing two
more packages for Debian at the moment, so if you have some medical
package that is orphaned or is waiting to be packaged, let me know to
give it a try.

> If you are interested in translations translating GNUmed is probably an
> interesting thing to do - just trust Karsten how to do this.  There
> might also be a lot to do in translating package descriptions.  I just
> realised that on our tasks pages there is no Serbian language presented.
> I would have liked to include this but it seems ddtp.debian.{net,org} is
> down somehow.  Please ping me about this and I'll add Serbian to the
> tasks at
>
>   http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/tasks/
>
> which is providing you with an easy interface to translate descriptions
> of packages we are interested in.

You can add Serbian to the tasks, and I'll do my best to translate it
as soon as possible.

Greetings,
Karolina