Re: Blog about Debian Med BOF

On Sat, Aug 06, 2011 at 04:39:31PM +0200, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> Medicine is large. It is large enough to warant a Blend
> dedicated to its purpose.

Yes.  And I would probably not change the layout of the tasks even if a
Debian Biology (or whatever it might be called) would be created.

> (Same goes for Debian Physics, Debian Biology, ...)

I tried to have this Debian Physics (and Mathematics) idea reconsidered
at this years DebConf (as I did last year).  It just needs a hand rised
to do some basic work.  Unfortunately no hand was rised (as in our
Biology case).  So we need to face what has proven in Free Software as
always:  If there is nobody who implements a great idea and is doing
actual work the realisation of the idea how great it is needs to wait
for some volunteer ...