Re: Blog about Debian Med BOF

On Wed, Aug 03, 2011 at 12:18:23PM +0100, Tony Travis wrote:

> We discussed the "Debian Med" name (and hypenation or not) at the
> Debian-Med 'sprint' in Travemuende, where people like me working in
> bioinformatics attended.
>
> I said that "Debian Med" is quite misleading, and suggested changing
> it to "Debian Biomed", which more accurately reflects the target
> audience.

Since

	a) I don't care one whit about Biology and
	b) I still AM (part of) the very target audience

the above statement is false.

There's two fields that need to get themselves straight:

- Medical Practice

	(that's what I'm interested in)

- Medical Science

	(that's reseach the practice is based on)

That's the original target audience of Debian Med (note the
"Med" in the name ?)

Over the years Debian Med has gained a lot of benefits from
Biologists and various other scientists working in various
areas of Biological Sciences. Many thanks for that !

Medicine is large. It is large enough to warant a Blend
dedicated to its purpose.

(Same goes for Debian Physics, Debian Biology, ...)

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346