Re: "Could not perform immediate configuration" with debian-med

Hi Olivier,

I'm using Debian 5.0.8 because that is what's running gmod.org,
because that's what the IT folks gave me.  I plan on getting back to
ubuntu soon.

If I take out unstable and re-update and try again, I get the same
thing.  Is this likely to be fixable, or should I just go back to
installing from source?  When you say that my "deb configuration
points to a 6.x repository", do you mean that the line I added for
testing is for debian 6, and there is not a corresponding one for
debian 5?  That sounds like a showstopper for this server.

Thanks,
Scott

On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 12:52 PM, Olivier Sallou <olivier.sallou@irisa.fr> wrote:
> Hi Scott,
> using testing should be enough, latest version of gbrowse has been moved to
> testing.
> Still regarding gbrowse, main is enough.
>
> Furthermore, version 2.38~dfsg-1  is also available on Ubuntu, why did you
> go to Debian ? (this is nice, but if it for GBrowse only , this is not
> necessary)
>
> Current version of Debian is 6.x (stable and others), maybe some perl
> packages are failing on this version.
> your deb configuration points to a 6.x repository.
>
> Regards
>
> Olivier
>
> Le 8/5/11 6:24 PM, Scott Cain a écrit :
>
> All I did was add these two lines to my sour
>
> --
> Olivier Sallou
> IRISA / University of Rennes 1
> Campus de Beaulieu, 35000 RENNES - FRANCE
> Tel: 02.99.84.71.95
>
> gpg key id: 4096R/326D8438  (pgp.mit.edu)
> Key fingerprint = 5FB4 6F83 D3B9 5204 6335  D26D 78DC 68DB 326D 8438

Ontario Institute for Cancer Research