Re: Metaproject: Debian Med tasks

[My mail did not made it to the list - strange, try again ...]
----- Forwarded message from Andreas Tille <andreas@fam-tille.de> -----

Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 21:31:25 +0100
From: Andreas Tille <andreas@fam-tille.de>
To: Holger Schmuhl <mai03kqk@apfelkraut.org>
Cc: Debian Med Project List <debian-med@lists.debian.org>
Subject: Re: Metaproject: Debian Med tasks

On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 06:59:47PM +0100, Holger Schmuhl wrote:

> Maybe a bit off topic ... but if there is a kind of common list and certain content is pulled dynamically form other sources like the distribution specific listings. Still there is the need to add new projects or to remove dead ones or to update some static content.
> How should this be maintained? Everyone has access and can do this (like on Wikipedia) or just a closed group of people/admins? Or by a kind of moderated approach in between, which would mean that everyone can post additions/corrections but they have to be approved by admins.

Currently we are maintaining the data in svn:

   svn://svn.debian.org/svn/blends/projects/med/trunk/debian-med/tasks

It is accesible to people who are member of the Debian Pure Blends project:

   https://alioth.debian.org/projects/blends/

The threshold to become a member of this project is quite low, but I do
not think that "everybody can edit" like in a Wiki is a good idea.

> Ok, I see your point. Beside the manual export is there also the chance to get a direct integration to the distribution specific database? I mean to show the packaging status, version numbers, screenshots, license types etc. also on non-debian specific web site like mine?

For the moment I see only a chance o export all these data from Debian
to you in whatever format you like.  I have no idea whether other
distros can commit similar data.

> For maintaining not yet packaged software and highlighting interesting projects to be packaged next, should I send an info just to this list in case I stumble upon some interesting stuff?

Well, for the moment - as long as we have no better solution, a mail to
the Debian Med list would be sufficient and I will move it to SVN.

> Ok, so I hope that I can improve my list some day and evolve it from a static flat list to a dynamically generated list ... does anyone have a suggestion of some kind of useful CMS for especially this purpose? Otherwise I once looked a bit into Ruby on Rails and this could be also a feasible approach to it, although this would mean a bit of work to create it form scratch ...

I have no really good idea.  I'm creating the tasks pages by a python
script using genshi templates.  If you have a look at
http://screenshots.debian.net/ it is created using Pylons - perhaps
you like this?

----- End forwarded message -----