Re: [Help] Failed to apply new Python policy to GNUmed packages

Le lundi 30 mars 2009 à 12:18 +0200, Karsten Hilbert a écrit :
> For what it's worth the gnumed.py outermost Python script sayeth:
>
> #!/usr/bin/env python
>
> and, then, even that is ignored because the /usr/bin/gnumed
> shell script calls gnumed.py via "python -m".

Which means using the default Python version, so this is the same as a
#!/usr/bin/python shebang.

> Now, one user might one day say
>
> 	python2.5 -m Gnumed.wxpython.gnumed
>
> while another one might go
>
> 	python2.6 -m Gnumed.wxpython.gnumed
>
> What happens in that case ?

If the modules are in a private directory, nothing unless the user sets
PYTHONPATH first :)

If she does, this should work in both cases, but when running it for a
non-default version, startup will be much slower because the .pyc files
won’t be used.

Cheers,
--
 .''`.      Debian 5.0 "Lenny" has been released!
: :' :