Re: Collaboration in Healtcare Open Source

On Fri, 27 Mar 2009, Etienne Saliez wrote:

We did meet several times at the RMLL in France, last time in Amiens.

Sore - I perfectly remember you and would be happy to meet you again
in Nantes. ;-)

Would you like to join the working group in formation,
http://www.chos-wg.eu/
as well other members of the DEBIANMED community ?

I just send a copy of this mail to the Debian Med mailing list. IMHO it
might make perfectly sense if you would subscribe the mailing list which
is our main communication channel.  The subscription page is
http://lists.debian.org/debian-med/ .

The challenge is to stimulate more collaborations between different open
source projects.

Well, in principle this is the goal of Debian Med as well as you
might remember from my talks you visited at previous LSM events.
I consider that the best way putting them all on the same technical
level as ready to install packages - the more people might work on
this goal the more chances are for collaborations.

How far could DEBIANMED provide software components which could be
integrated in other environments ?

Could you please specify "other environments"?  You might like
to remember that Debian Med does *not* provide own software by
itself but just grabs Free Medical Software from *other* developers
and turns them into Debian packages.  All we just have integrated
can be seen here:

   http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/tasks/

Moreover you are very welcome at a meeting during the MEDETEL in
Luxemburg, on Friday 3 April.  www.medetel.lu

Thanks for the offer - but that's quite short notice.  Moreover
I guess there will be no chance to sponsor my trip and accomodation -
I might like to stress that I do all this Debian Med work voluntarily
in my spare time.