Re: r1455 - projects/med/trunk/debian-med/tasks

On Tue, 24 Mar 2009, Michael Banck wrote:

Although package descriptions should be targeted on the _potential_
user. So whoever is wondering what MRI is, is not a potential user ;-)

I disagree.  I think any user should at least have an idea that this
package is targetted at some specific field and is probably not for
them.  It is probably hard to always convey this in the short
description, though.

I'm perfectly in line with Michael: We should not put riddles on our users
and the user should immediately be able to see, that this package is not
for him.  For an unknown abbreviation this is not the case because it might
happen that it is perfectly for him - but the abbreviation is just unknown
(perhaps in a language which he is not perfectly sure etc.).