Re: Caret in Debian

On Sat, Mar 07, 2009 at 11:48:22PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Sat, 7 Mar 2009, Michael Hanke wrote:
>
>> I'd like to mention that Caret has just been accepted as an official
>> Debian package:
>>
>>  http://packages.debian.org/sid/caret
>
> Great.  Many thanks for your work on this!
>
>> This package provides cortical surface recontruction (of human and
>> monkey anatomy) and hence covers a field that has not yet been present
>> in Debian.
>
> Do you want to suggest a new category for Debian Med because it
> might not perfectly fit into imaging?

No no. On that measure it perfectly fits 'imaging' -- just from the
neuroscience perspective 'surface' data is significantly different from
'volumetric' data, which is handled by tools like amide or fslview.

If we happen to get a dozen or additional tools in Debian, it might be
worth making that split at some point, but definitely not now.

Cheers,

Michael

--
GPG key:  1024D/3144BE0F Michael Hanke