Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 19:43:22 -0600
From: LinuxMedNews announce -- breaking news of Free/Open Source in medicine.
    <linuxmednews-announce@linuxmednews.com>
To: linuxmednews-announce <linuxmednews-announce@linuxmednews.com>
Subject: [Linuxmednews-announce] Houston FOSS in Healthcare IT Conference Summer
     of 09

The Houston crew (including the editor of this site) are joining
together to host an entire conference devoted to
http://fosshealth.eventbrite.com/ Free/Open Source Software(FOSS) in
Healthcare in Houston, TX Summer of 09 (July 31st - Aug 2nd) We have
invited several of the top FOSS projects, including Misys,
ClearHealth, WorldVistA, OpenMRS, Tolven, DSS, Medsphere, and Mirth,
just to mention a few! We have confirmed speakers from some of the
most engaging and intelligent figures in the FOSS Healthcare
movement.. We know travel budgets are tight, so we are offering a
ridiculously cheap early-bird registration of $60. This is only
available for the next month, and is almost $200 less than regular
tickets. It is our hope that this will allow "un-sponsored" community
members to attend, despite the recession. Obviously, if you live in
Houston, this is a no-brainer.

http://linuxmednews.com/1232667654