Re: How to handle Debian patches

Am Samstag, den 17.05.2008, 23:43 +0200 schrieb Andreas Tille:
> On Sat, 17 May 2008, Charles Plessy wrote:
>
> > since it makes complete sense I propose the followign addition to our
> > policy:
>
> I also perfectly agree and I might have missed something in the quilt docs
> but this aspect seems to be better solved in dpatch.  While I consider
> quilt as much easier to use I really liked the way dpatch handled comments
> inside the patch file.  Is there anything comparable in quilt?

You can put some comments and notes at the top (before the Index: line).
I saw this in another package and it works.

You should further add a good description of the patch to
debian/changelog. This is the first place one will take a look and it
would be good to have a description there too (my personal opinion).

Regards, Daniel