Re: TraceTuner and US patent 6,681,186

On Wed, 9 Apr 2008, Charles Plessy wrote:

Good catch!

I stumbled upon this when seeking for Glimmer.  You might expect more
those catches once I find the time to work down the list at

   http://www.cbcb.umd.edu/software/

I discovered when following other links from there ...

Unfortunately, README.txt of TraceTuner says:
Do you know what consequences it can have on its pacakging for Debian ?

I guess the consequences might be bad regarding packaging but I put it
to "I don't care for the moment" because as long as there is no volunteer
to even start packaging it makes no sense to worry about it.  In any
case I added this problem to the description of the prospective package
to make people aware of this immediately.

Kind regards and thanks for the hint