Ncbi-epcr

Hi,

I wanted to take over ncbi-epcr into group maintenance.  When I tried
to visit the Homepage I noticed that the page given in the package is not
available any more.  Searching the NCBI site I discovered the new page

   http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sutils/e-pcr/

which links to a download directory

   ftp://ftp.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pub/schuler/e-PCR/

which contains _several_ new versions and the version we have in Debian
can be found in the subdirectory OLD.  The changelog of the new versions
do not even mention our 1.2.0 version any more.

On the other hand I can not find any explicite copyright on either version.

Is anybody able to clarify the reasons (if there are any) why we have
such an outdated version (except that just nobody cared)?