Re: Amide [Was: Report from Libre Software Meeting]

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:

just a citation from Marillat's email to clarify the situation
,------------------------------------------------------------------------
| If you want to package libfame do it, But beware libfame contains some
| code to encode in OpenDivX. OpenDivX isn't free and all the related
| code should be removed before packaged for Debian.
`---

So some ~dfsg version of libfame can enter Debian I guess after
preliminary light 'touch' :-)

Since libvolpack is in Debian one enhancement for Amide is available.
I personally have no idea in which way libfame has to be touched to
be acceptable in Debian.  Would anybody try to care about this or any
other replacement that enables us to provide a fully functional Amide?

PS: Dominique, I guess you noticed the availablility of libvolpack.
    Should I file a wishlist bug to amide to recompile with
    libvolpack build dependency or are you just working on this?