Re: Sumarizing Amide packaging status

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

Thanks, I see. Unfortunately, it won't install on Debian
testing (I am not complaining, just stating a fact) due to
dependancies not being up to the necessary version.

I'll keep an eye on amide and test it as soon as it
installs.

You could definitely try to obtain *.dsc, *.diff.gz and orig.tar.gz
and do

     dpkg-source -x *.dsc
     cd amide-*
     debuild

(In case some Build-Depends are missing it will tell yoou to do so.)

This should enable you to get an amide package that works under testing.