Re: EMBOSS 4.1.0 released

On Thu, 8 Mar 2007, Charles Plessy wrote:

24h after the announcement, rpms were available...

That's hard to compete.  If we would manage the debs after 24 days I
would be more than happy.

I did not manage to examine the source rpms (because I do not know how
it works),

I personally use midnightcommander where you can browse archives like
directories.

but I think that the main things preventing us to have EMBOSS
in Debian is our policy to use the packaged libraries instead of the
ones shipped in the upstream sources.

Well, to start the work on this: which exactly are the libraries we
have packages for that are included in EMBOSS?  IMHO it would not
be any harm to upload a package containing all the libraries shipped
by emboss into experimental and start working from there reducing
those redundant libraries step by step.