Re: ITK debian packages

On Mon, 28 Nov 2005, Steve M. Robbins wrote:

What's the state of the packaging today?

   http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/i/insighttoolkit

Are they uploadable?

Not yet and I told Gavin Baker <gavinb@cs.mu.OZ.AU> (who did a really
great job) the reasons why I think some work is necessary.  He might
decide where and how to ask for help and I think Gavin should do the
main coordination if there is some need for cooperation.

Have you a sponsor for them?  I'm a Debian Developer and could
do the sponsor/upload if that would be helpful.

In general I'm happy to sponsor packages that fall into the scope of
Debian-Med (some of the ITK packaging issues were discussed on the
debian-med mailing list).  But I definitely have enough work to do
and I would regard it sane if the sponsor uses the package himself.
Thus I would be happy if you would volunteer for the sponsoring.  If
you ask me I would prefer to continue the discussion about this on
the Debian-Med mailing list if nothing speaks explicitely for keeping
it on debian-science.

If Gavin has no time to respond until the end of this week I might
give a summary of the hints I gave to his packaging to keep you
informed about the status.

Kind regards and thanks for your interest