Re: pngquant

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005, Nelson A. de Oliveira wrote:

It's good to specify the difference between this PNG optimizer and other
optimizers available.
Yes.

Since PNG is getting very used (I see a lot of programs having the
default output as PNG and not GIF, JPG, TIFF, etc), could be very useful
having a program to makes some PNG file smaller.
I used Gimp to do this with some PNGs for presentations, but a program
which does this automagically would be very welcome.

pngcrunsh and pngquant, IMHO, should be included on med-imaging. If not
on Depends, at least on Recommends.
I think a recommends might be the right way to go.

pngquant is already on NEW queue (it?s more than 1 month there). Philipp
:-(

One thing that I don't know is why some packages take so long time to be
processed. Some programs stay only 1 day on NEW queue, while others stay
months there...
There was certain trouble with NEW queue until some weeks ago but it was
done now very quickly and this should be the default procedure for the
next time.

Please remind me in private mail if the program is included.