Re: How do I make mate-panel on Debian Mate look like the one on Linux Mint?

On Tue, 4 Apr 2023 at 19:31, Mike Gabriel
<mike.gabriel@das-netzwerkteam.de> wrote:

> Hi Ottavio,
>
> On  Di 04 Apr 2023 11:10:42 CEST, Ottavio Caruso wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've been using Linux Mint Debian Edition for a few years (with Mate
> > instead of Cinnamon) only and exclusively because of the single
> > panel layout [1], but Debian Mate comes with a two panel layout [2].
> >

> > [1] https://i.imgur.com/DMjTUp1.jpeg
> > [2] https://www.server-world.info/en/Debian_11/desktop/img/11.png
> >
> > My simple and brutal question is: how do you get a single panel
> > layout on stock Debian Mate?
> >
> > Thanks.
>
> Are you asking how to click your way through to a Linux-Mint-like
> look'n'feel? Or are you asking how to deploy a customized MATE desktop
> to more than one user/system?
>
> If you want to learn about the latter, there are some examples online
> that do the tweaking via an extra DEB package:

No, I just want the single panel trick. I know where to find the Mint
themes and how to install them, but they don't change the panel
layout.

My guess and my fear is, that these customizations come from Cinnamon,
because LMDE comes with Cinnamon as DE, but I then added MATE on top.

--
Ottavio Caruso